Keys are dropped by Dungeon Constructors and can be used to open doors in the Arcana Dungeon, which hold many secrets.
You cannot mine anything in the Arcana Dungeon except ores.
It is extremely important how to place portal blocks, so take notice: First, face westwards (check in F3). Then, step INTO the place where your portal will be. Ater that, place all of the portal blocks except the rightmost in the WEST side. The placement might be as follows:
V P P P V
P V V V P WEST
P V Q V P SOUTH NORTH
P V V V P EAST
V P P P V
V is an empty block, P is a portal frame, and Q is the player.
After that, step out of your future portal in the exact place you made a hole and then place the last portal block.
It will light up immediately,
Take notice that, once placed, a portal block will NOT drop after you remove it unless you use a silk touch pickaxe.
Please note that it does take quite a bit of time for it to load. Please do not complain.
What to do here
- Kill some enemies; they drop collector fragments and you need at least 16.
- Find Lord Vatticus and trade some of your collectors for Charged Collectors (16 fragments to 1 Charged one).
- Right-click a Dramix Altar with a Charged Collector to spawn a Dungeon Constructor (You don't lose any charged collectors). Kill these to get different Keys.
- Unlock different doors with the Keys to get to Arcana Ore and extract the Arcanium with Charged Collectors.
- Trade Arcanium with different traders (Captain Merik will give you a Wizard's book if you give him 2).
- (Optional) Use a Wizard's Book on a Dramix Altar or Phoenix Altar to spawn a boss that drops Dungeon Tokens, which can be traded to Captain Merik for better items.